Crow’s feet what?
Are you a believer or are you a killjoy? Are you loud and proud shouting from the rooftops about all the products with whoever is willing to listen, or are you secretly dabbing concoctions around your eyes twice a day with hopes of easing fine lines?
Why to use eye cream and how to choose an eye cream. Most authorities believe there are certain issues that eye creams can help treat, but some concerns, no matter how much you spend, are untouchable. There is no magic anything that will stop the aging process, well at least not today, but there are products that will help reduce the look of wrinkles, however they have to have the proper elements.
We should use eye cream to protect the fragile skin around our eyes. Our daily squinting, blinking, smiling allows for our skin to be put through rigorous daily workout. Eye cream targets the delicate skin around the eyes and can prevent common signs of aging, it can lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, it delivers tailor-made hydration, and can strengthen and protect delicate skin.
Why are we prone to wrinkles?
· The skin around your eyes is naturally thinner than the rest of your body.
· This skin will becomes thinner with age and loses elasticity and strength over time.
· The fragility of the area also explains why it’s often the first part of your face to start showing signs of age.
· It’s natural for our skin to become drier over time.
· A lack of hydration is also a wrinkle-causing factor.
Everyone's skin and goals are different, but eye cream can be a vital part of a balanced, nourishing skincare routine. Before buying, take your age, skin type, and skin care habits into account. And your best bet, no matter where you stand on the eye cream debate, is to religiously use sunscreen and take care of your body.
How to protect the skin around our eyes
· Be mindful of the products you use.
· Use formulas that are specifically made for the skin around your eyes.
· Never apply products meant for other parts of the body, as they may be too harsh.
Key ingredients to keep an eye out for
· Retinol boosts cell turnover
· Vitamin C and Peptides will help strengthen the skin and make it more robust.
· Antioxidants can help protect against free radical damage
· Hyaluronic acid helps to reduce the look of wrinkles
Correct application for eye cream
· Use your ring finger. It’s your weakest finger, so it will naturally have a gentle touch.
· Scoop up a pea-sized amount of product.
· Gently tap small dots under your eyes starting in the innermost corner and moving outward. Avoid applying cream too close to your bottom eyelashes.
· Pat the product into your skin- avoid dragging or rubbing.
· Wait 2 minutes to let the cream fully absorb.
· Apply the rest of your skin care products and makeup.
Never skip eye cream day; just as forgiveness is easier to seek than permission, prevention is easier than treatment. The earlier you start the better!
And lastly, no matter which product you choose to use, you should always use it with caution.