Personal Growth by Jennifer Boutwell

 


Self improvement, bettering your best, self development, self growth it all starts with the desire of wanting to be better today than you were yesterday. It’s not something that just happens, it’s something that you need to want and then you need to work for it. 
How do you start improving and bettering your best? 
Start with changing things in your life that will give you amazing habits to become that better person that you want and desire. For me personal development is something that I love ❤️. There are several habits that I have cultivated to constantly improve. I start off by choosing something to work on and add it to my routine. I cultivate that particular thing for an entire year until it becomes a habit. 
A few years ago I started the practice of choosing a word or words 
at the beginning of each year. Something that I want to work on or something that I would like to be better at. 

Intentional and recharge were my 2020 words. 

Little did I know that 2020 would give me time off to completely  recharge and develop some skill sets that I needed to work on. I put on my schedule daily time to refuel my mind body and spirit. I also learned that intentional was the perfect word for me. Everything I did  in 2020 has to be done with intention. Being truly focused on being intentional in all aspects of my day allowed me to be a better leader and person. 

 Now to decide what my words for 2021 will be; 

A month ago a friend of mine told me that I was the most graceful warrior that she knew. She said that I handle each obstacle or battle with professionalism and Grace like a true warrior. 

 When I think of a warrior I always think of Wonder Woman. I always thought wonder woman exemplified grace in every battle. For someone to see me as a Graceful warrior well it lit my heart on fire. I knew that my word for 2021 definitely needed to be graceful warrior. I will face each challenge in 2021 like a Graceful Warrior. 

My second word for 2021 is moments. Life is made up of defining moments: highs and lows. Those defining moments either make or break you in life. My goal is to create defining moments for the people in my life and myself. Create/find moments that teach lessons, defining moments that inspire others, defining moments to help someone to see who they could be, defining moments that lift someone up. 
Here’s to creating defining moments in life with the character and grace of a Graceful Warrior. 

Comments

Popular Posts