Get the Skinny on Hand Tied Extensions by Taylor Matthew

HAND-TIED METHOD EXTENSIONS
If you have any social media platform, I’m willing to bet you’ve stumbled upon the “new” hand-tied extensions (beaded weft, braid-less sew-in…tomato tomatoes). So many girls toy with the idea of longer, fuller hair. But when it comes to extensions, sometimes there’s a bit of a stigma around them. But I’m here to debunk all of that because this extension method is AMAZING.
Let me start off by saying…
I myself been having hand tied extensions in my hair for over a year now. I haven’t looked back since. Before then, I always wanted that “dream” hair (that sometimes isn’t always achievable overnight) but now I can say I finally have that. And you can too! Let’s get down to the details. 
Are they permanent?
Yes, hand-tied is a more permanent method of extensions, BUT they are so incredibly easy to remove. Unlike tape ins, there’s no adhesive so it makes the removal process nice and easy! But let’s be real, once you get them you become hooked. The only reason you’d be taking them out is to get them put back in.
How are they attached to your hair?
This method uses a beaded system personally designed for your hair. Like I said, no adhesive, no braids whatsoever! The only thing we use are a few little silicone beads (gentle, no damage). Then we sew the hair weft onto your hair using the beads. And BOOM, you have your dream hair. 

Cost
The short answer to this is that they are an investment. That being said, the cost really depends on the guest and the look they are wanting to achieve.

Several factors come into play, the main two being desired length and desired volume. At Salon Sanity we always offer complementary extension consultations so feel free to stop by!

Maintenance/Upkeep
Typically, depending on your natural growth, you will need to get your extensions moved up every 6-8 weeks. (This overall depends on your hair growth cycle and also your comfort of the grow out) 
-Personally, I like my extensions pretty grown out. But some of my guests prefer theirs to be a little more snug to their head…it really just is a preference thing-
Regularly visit the salon for routine color? With these extensions, you are able to leave them in while getting your color service which also allows them to be custom colored!
They also allow tons of versatility while styling (yes, you can wear your hair up!)…as I sit here typing this with a big ole messy bun on top of my head.

Styling
When it comes to styling, there’s just a couple MUST HAVES for extensions. First one being sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. If you’re not sure which one to try, I HIGHLY recommend the Hydrate Sheer line from Purology…my fave

Next is a bristle wet brush, a bristle wet brush, and…a bristle wet brush. You can wash, condition, dry, brush and style your hair pretty much the exact same way as you did without extensionsAnd wait, did I mention you need a bristle wet brush in your life? Haha just trust me on that, its amazing!



Comments

Popular Posts