Hair Maintenance by Lacey Carmedalle

Fantasy Color is the hardest color to keep looking it’s best. I recommend every 3-4 weeks. Most fantasy colors are direct dyes so they tend to wash out faster. The best way to keep the color looking it’s best is to use a Sulfate free shampoo/conditioner, my favorite is Redken Color Magnetics. Second, using a heat protectant when using hot tools is a must. I love Extreme Play safe.

Toner - Freshing up your toner about every four weeks will keep it always looking it’s best. Toners are great for adding warmth or for getting rid of warmth. If you don’t want to see brassy tones I recommend using Color Blondage purple shampoo. Use once a week or every other wash depending on the level of coolness that you want.  When using hot tools using a heat protectant is a must.


Highlights  - To keep your highlights always looking their best I recommend having them done every 6-8 Weeks. To keep the integrity of the hair I recommend using Redken Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner. You can also use Color Blondage purple shampoo once a week to help with any unwanted grassiness. Extreme anti snap leave in for dry or brittle hair is a must when doing any color service that lightens the hair.


Balayage is perfect for the person who doesn’t like a lot of upkeep. I recommend getting it done every  8-10 weeks. Depending on your hair texture and the tone that you desire will depend which shampoo you chose. I love Redken All soft shampoo and conditioner to keep hair soft and shiny. Redken Color Blondage Shampoo to keep cool tones. My leave in conditioner of choice is All Soft Hydramelt.

Root retouch   Depending on the amount of gray that you have I recommend every  4-6 weeks to keep your hair looking it’s best.  Color extend magnetics shampoo and conditioner will keep your color shiny and vibrant. Color Extend Magnetics Mask is a great weekly treatment to keep the color lasting and your ends moisturized.

Haircuts- I recommend every 4 weeks for someone with a short pixie cut. If you like to wear your hair in a Bob I recommend every 5-6 weeks depending on how fast your hair grows. Longer hair I recommend 6-8 weeks, anything longer than 8 weeks will compromise the integrity of your ends (aka split ends).  If you have thick frizzy hair I love to use Frizz Dismiss Shampoo, conditioner and Rebel Tame to keep your hair looking it’s best. If you’re looking to add volume my two favorites are Redken High Rise and Pureology Clean Volume.. Stay tuned for a future blog on my favorite styling products.
   


Comments

Popular Posts